Monday, April 22, 2013

Westward.

     The way I perceive the world is slowly changing. I'm not nineteen anymore and am not bound to certain social settings or specific tastes of music. I mean, it's never really been about the cut and dry, elitist viewpoint of "Hardcore for Hardcore" for me, but I used to be very particular with what songs I wrote and how they would be performed in music projects I was involved with. Now, I can spin Violence Violence one minute and just as quickly (and just as easily) spin Frame and Canvas the next. Which is uplifting in its own way, right?
     That being said, our new EP, Perfect State, isn't anything that we've attempted to do before. Granted, it still captures the same raw emotion that Plagues has always successfully been able to convey, but we really stepped back with this one and put more substance into our songwriting.
    
     I know this is my first time ever blogging, so I'm not expecting a lot of heavy traffic for just the one blog post at the moment. But we'll be touring the west coast with our boo's, Griever.
The Dates are all set and I'll be posting fliers and fb event links to each one as they surface on the internet, but for now here are the dates, cities and all the info I have on each show:

06/19 - Murrietta, CA - The Dial w/ They As In Them, The Cold Front 
06/20 - Pomona, CA - Aladdin Jr II w/ Graf Orlock, Stresscase, Discourse, Fissure
06/21 - La Puente, CA - Bridgetown w/ Graf Orlock, Stress Relief, Curmudgeon
06/22 - SF/Bay Area, CA 
06/23 - Portland, OR - The Know w/ Young Turks
06/24 - Seattle, WA - The Black Lodge w/ The Helm
06/25 - Vancouver, BC 
06/26 - Boise, ID - Android House
06/27 - Las Vegas, NV
06/28 - Mesa, AZ - The Nile Theatre w/ Rotting Out
06/29 - Tucson, AZ - Tanline w/ Sex Prisoner, Man Bites Dog

1 comment: